Going back to the shop window display we first created which I really liked I feel my work tailed off into more of a dead end. My 3D design isn't something that best represents my own art style therefore I am not going to continue from that. For this reason I am leaning towards creating a more classically painted idea with more modern techniques entwined with it. As I was really happy with my printing I would either like to create something in print to paint over or print over something I painted. This maybe difficult as to link a classical painting to shopping after my past work could be a challenge. Alongside this I could also take the idea of bright neon like colours from our shop window design and kitsch design and maybe juxtapose it with a very classic painting.
One of the only artist's who I could think of that related to a classic painting reinvented in a modern way was Robert Rauschenburg and his Pneumonia Lisa, which is a photo print with other aspects and mark makings printed over the top.
Linking an idea like this to consumerism would be an incredibly strong piece and could also be reprinted several times giving it the effect of mass production. Also the use of repetition has played a significant part in most of my work and nearly all the bits of work I've created have involved some kind of repetition. Although I have not got a set idea yet I think I'm going to experiment more with print and maybe create a series of designs under a single caption.

No comments:
Post a Comment