Thursday, 24 November 2011

Printing.

We used left over bits of packaging to create prints in carious ways. Firstly inked up both sides of a bottle and while squashing it I took a repeated number of prints. Although the end result was quite interesting and repeating the image in red and blue gave a really strong effect although the mark making produced was restricted and the end result just ended up looking just like a the original object. Even though this work was influenced by consumerism and created by a piece that was made because of a consumerist society I felt there was not enough variety in the marks that were made. To improve this idea I could have printed over this with other packaging and added different colours.
On my second print I put four different colours in different parts of the printing board then covered it with thin strips of cardboard overlapping the different colours, along with bubble wrap and some corrugated cardboard. After the first print I removed the pieces of packaging then put them down in different places creating a really interesting effect. I was really pleased with this print and the effects have really inspired me take a deeper look into printing and maybe involve it when I progress these ideas independently.

No comments:

Post a Comment