I started experimenting with placing inks on sheets of clear plastic then layered them on top of each other. I felt my work strongly linked to Gustav Metzger's liquid crystal environment, the spontaneity feel of his work is something I found intriguing and matched the way my work was created. Which was through luck depending on how the inks reacted with one another. Another thing that really stood out to me when looking at Metzger's work was the vibrancy of colour. This is also something that I strongly based my work upon. After putting ht einks on the clear plastics like Metzger I projected what I had done onto the wall to create a more striking piece. This worked quite successfully, although to keep the colour the same stregnth I had to wait until it was almost pitch black outside to get the best results. Overall my it came together quite well and the element of luck and chance did benefit my work. However testing inks on different services would've developed my work even further.
Wednesday, 14 December 2011
Independent Study.
One my first day of independent work, I was a little unsure on what to start on. It was only when I started to link aspects of my previous work to what I was presently thinking that I began to gain inspiration. I wanted to look at the way light passing through an object effects the way we may interpret it.
I started experimenting with placing inks on sheets of clear plastic then layered them on top of each other. I felt my work strongly linked to Gustav Metzger's liquid crystal environment, the spontaneity feel of his work is something I found intriguing and matched the way my work was created. Which was through luck depending on how the inks reacted with one another. Another thing that really stood out to me when looking at Metzger's work was the vibrancy of colour. This is also something that I strongly based my work upon. After putting ht einks on the clear plastics like Metzger I projected what I had done onto the wall to create a more striking piece. This worked quite successfully, although to keep the colour the same stregnth I had to wait until it was almost pitch black outside to get the best results. Overall my it came together quite well and the element of luck and chance did benefit my work. However testing inks on different services would've developed my work even further.
I started experimenting with placing inks on sheets of clear plastic then layered them on top of each other. I felt my work strongly linked to Gustav Metzger's liquid crystal environment, the spontaneity feel of his work is something I found intriguing and matched the way my work was created. Which was through luck depending on how the inks reacted with one another. Another thing that really stood out to me when looking at Metzger's work was the vibrancy of colour. This is also something that I strongly based my work upon. After putting ht einks on the clear plastics like Metzger I projected what I had done onto the wall to create a more striking piece. This worked quite successfully, although to keep the colour the same stregnth I had to wait until it was almost pitch black outside to get the best results. Overall my it came together quite well and the element of luck and chance did benefit my work. However testing inks on different services would've developed my work even further.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















No comments:
Post a Comment