| Joanne Greenbaum - Fat Yellow |
I found Joanne Greenbaum's work incredibly useful to look at and take ideas from. It was also I great source for working out where my ideas can progress to next. Greenbaum's playful abstractions hold similarities to my own work however despite the similar liberal feel, Greenbaum's work has a sense of calculation about it. This is an area that I could improve within my own work. My work up to this point has progressed organically however I feel that now may be point to calculate the outcome of my work slightly more. Despite this I still feel I need to experiment with other materials to create different outcomes.
| Joanne Greenbaum - Tables of Contents |
In this piece there is still a clear exploration of colour and shapes although there is a sinister feel underlying the painting. Along with this the apparent chaotic mark marking is also underlined by a blue print imagery.
'I am convinced that two dimensional painting relevant mostly because it is an antidote to the barrage of images and sounds that we are bombarded with every moment of every day. To me, there is nothing more challenging than working with the simple concept of making a two dimensional image have meaning to me and the outside world. I am influenced by everything and nothing, the people who have influence my art nonetheless are Fontana, matisse, basquiet, eva zeisel, and a new great artist I just discovered, Sanyu.' - Joanne Greenbaum
No comments:
Post a Comment