Friday, 24 February 2012

Portfolio time...

Organising my portfolio like my personal statement was a much harder task than I first thought. There was so much to consider from how each piece of work reflects to the next, page layout and which work to put in. At first I was unsure about the theme in my work, although from the time I started thinking about organising my portfolio to the time I finished it I was still creating work. It was once I had finished creating these works that my theme became obvious to me. It was clear I had shown a keen interest in colour and texture from the start of the course, because of this I included work from the rotation period. I also tried to encorporate some of my life drawing into my portfolio as drawing from the figure is something that has always facsinated me. The pieces I chose were ifluenced by Henri Matisse's nude model work where colour was also a main component in the piece. Something else that I found worked really well was the way I had designed my outer portfolio, I originally took inspiration from my first relief print for the design but then in comparison to my recent work the correllation between them is something that I never expected to work so well. This has made my porfolio become part of the work itself. Overall I feel I have a reasonably strong portfolio that will increase and progress with time and practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment