The group critque was a really reawrding experience. I spend a lot of time looking at work people have displayed on the walls and i've always came up with my own interpretations over their work. But what I found really interesting aswel as hearing from the artist themselves about the piece they had chosen to display is that the way we were told to analyse the piece was brilliant. Before now I had always looked at a piece worked out what it was then created my own interpretation, however this method broke down this viewing process even more, so you weren't just looking at what it was but also what it's made out of, what effect the texture has on the overall piece, the use of colour etc. This then rises a lot more questions about the artists method which made it even more interesting when the artist explained reasoning behind even the smallest or obvious of things.
When my work was being analysed it was something I had been dreading although it was incredibly helpful. After listenting to what people said and hearing the way they interpret my work gave new meaning to my work even to me. It also helped in inspiring me and giving me new ways to progress with my work. Art is something that has to be viewed and appreciated by the audience therefore I feel it is vital to listen to feedback and take into consideration everything that is said.
No comments:
Post a Comment