Thursday, 23 February 2012

Danny Rolph - Triple Wall series

These pieces by Danny Rolph have inspired me to create the works I have, his use and exploration into geometric shapes and colour was something that I could really relate to. Another way that I can relate to Rolph is the way he takes the shapes from everyday buildings, objects or scenes then applies it within his paintings. Rolph also insists that his paintings are 'overtly pictorial' rather than textual. This stands out in his work purely through the vibrancy in the colours he combines and also how his paintings just overload your eyes with an abundance of colour and geometric imagery.
 
 “I still crave to imagine the unimaginable and project a kind of pictorial oppulence through a variety of visual conversations in my practise.” - Danny Rolph

Another thing that really stands out about Rolph's work is how he bases his work on the present taking inspiration from the world around him. It's what gives his work a freshness that is making him increasingly popular each year.

Overall Rolph is an inspiration to me not only because of his work but also the way he became known in the art world, although being in the right place at the right time may have helped in some cases overall he achieved what he has through hard work and persistence.

No comments:

Post a Comment